Terms and Conditions of Appointment
Conditions of Appointment
1.1 The following "Conditions of Engagement and Contract" shall apply to all of the "Services" carried out by the Company on behalf of the Client. They shall constitute the sole contract between R.D.S. and the Client until such time as they are replaced by a written, agreed and signed Form of Appointment.
1.2 By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Appointment, the parties agree their intension to enter into:
• Building Consultant’s Services
• Project Manager Services
• Architectural Services
• Electrical Services
1.3 The Client engages The Company to perform the Services and the Company accepts such engagement upon and subject to the terms and conditions of this appointment. The engagement takes effect from the date The Company first commences performance of the Services.
2.1 The following terms are agreed by The Company and the Client and shall be incorporated in the Forms:
2.1.1 Where the fees quoted are a percentage of the building cost, the building cost will be defined as stated in the Forms.
2.1.2 Fees will be invoiced monthly, at the end of each month in which work has been completed, on the basis of work completed; or where provided on the basis of an agreed draw down schedule.
2.1.3 Where appropriate rates for additional services may be charged at current day rates, or at a rate agreed before the work commences.
2.1.4 Invoices are due for payment 28 days from the date of invoice in full unless by a written agreement.
2.1.5 Payment of invoices after the final date for payment will attract interest at a rate of 5% above the Base Rate set by the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee or any successor to it calculated on a daily basis.
• ‘The Company’ shall mean R.D.S. whose address is 18 Renishaw Avenue, Broom, Rotherham, S60 3LW.
• ‘The Client’ shall mean the addressee detailed on the attached covering letter and or invoice.
• The "Services" shall mean the scope of service outlined by The Company to the Client and set down in the terms of appointment and or invoice.
• ‘Forms’ shall mean the Forms listed in Clause 1.2 and/or any other Forms listed and agreed in writing between the parties.